BOC:Live Album

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Mon Mar 8 17:27:41 EST 1999

BÖC in definite need of another live album, new line up, new album, glad
> to see them doing this.

> Laj.
>

>I hate to be a downer, but I'm a little disappointed. Heaven Forbid
left me so hungry for more new material that a live album seems like
a step backward at this point.

Understandable as they basically fell off the face of the rock and roll
planet and ended up in the night club dimension.  A live album at this point
would be pretty kewl I think.  Aerosmith, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath,
Kansas (KBFH) even April Wine (KBFH) currently have live albums on the
shelf, why not BOC?

>Although I agree that it would be great to get Stairway, which I think is
the most kick-ass opener
they've ever used. I have it on a boot CD from 1983 called Rock and Roll
Reapers...I think it was recorded in Pasadena, Calif. I guess it would also
be nice to have some of the HF tunes on a live disc,
especially See You In Black.

Well if they really are planning to do this I hope they put some real
thought into the process.  Carefully planned and varied set lists over say
two months worth of shows.  Stairways as the set opener would be phenomenal
as would be Take me Away.  Along with the current stuff they are doing I
would hope to see a few of these gems in there:

The Vigil
Golden Age of Leather
Lips in the Hills
Astonomy

Hell its probably to much to ask to ressurect Subhuman or Teen Archer but if
they toss me a bone say ME 262 I'd forgive them.

>But still, I feel like being greedy. I loved HF,
and want this lineup to keep evolving and making new, vital music.

Whoa don't go there.  I'm surprised to see Al Pitrelli ventured west with
them.  I figured he was filling in for the local shows only since he lives
here.  Totally shocked to see him mentioned at the San Diego show.  Besides
I saw somewhere that Alan is due back soon.  Thank goodness, can't have my
fave old band screwing up one of my fave new bands by stealing their
guitarist.

L8er
Ghost In The Ruins

NP - Platypus - When Pus Comes to Shove
Mike Kenally and Beer for Dolphins - Sluggo
Helloween - Compilation of Keys I & II, Time of the Oath and Better Than Raw