OFF: Dead Remotes

Johan Edlundh johan.edlundh at HABO.MAIL.TELIA.COM
Tue Mar 9 00:55:23 EST 1999

At 16:02 1999-03-08 EST, you wrote:
>No, that's not a new band. :-)  Both of my remotes have now died.  I can use
>neither the stereo nor the CD player without manipulating the main unit.  It's
>not the batteries, new batteries don't change anything...the remotes have just
>ceased to function.  My question is, what do you do to fix dead remotes?  Take
>them to Radio Shack and hope for the best?  Any advice would be greatly
>appreciated!  Thanks...

when my remote units frequenly used to die some years ago, I carefully
dissasembled the unit, and cleaned it inside with warm water from the
throw-ups my both breastfed sons. afterwards it worked well, until the next
breakfast explosion in front of the television set.
this particular unit finally gave up the breath when the younger one missed
his brother's head with it, and slammed it into the floor. some circuit must
have misunderstood the treatment.

>Steven Tice

.daddy