BOC: Random stuff

John A. Swartz jswartz at MITRE.ORG
Tue Mar 9 08:33:42 EST 1999

> Am I the only person on the list who heard BOC do True Confessions
> live?  I even have a photo of Allen singing!  That's gotta be some
> kind of collector's item, eh?  On tour supporting AoF, they did a lot
> of songs from that album.  Great tour...

Wow - that must be pretty rare.  If Al Bouchard is listening, maybe he
could tell us how many times (roughly) it was done live.  I didn't think
it was ever done live.

> > 3. New BOC CD on CMC International -- will most likely NOT be a live
> > album.

> This is really better news than a live album from the current lineup,
> at least for now.  I say this because it shows that CMC has
> confidence in the band, and suggests that HF probably sold pretty
> well.  Anyone have any sales figures?

Nope - I don't believe it's gone gold (at least not yet) - I would've
think that this would have been major news if it had.  My wild-assed
guess is that HF has probably sold in the 50,000 - 100,000 copy range --
but that's total speculation.

> Anyone else wonder if
> this news coincides with Al P's presence in the band?  He might be a
> more fertile songwriter/contributor than AL at this point in time.

I doubt that this is the case.  Al Pitrelli is a great musician, but
from all reports, he's merely filling in so that Allen can get a break
from touring.  I suspect that Al P. is going back to his "regular job"
of playing guitar in Savatage and the Tran-Siberian Orchestra.  On the
other hand, I understand that he and Danny Miranda have worked together
in the past, so maybe the two of them will do some collaboration for the
next BOC album...

> 2) Imaginos
> I seem to recall that there is a "correct" order for this album, and
> that it is not the same as the track list.  (I know this was talk about
> a lot on the list.)  I play my CD on my lap top, and the program I use
> (DiscPlay 3.4, best CD player for WinTel boxes in the world, BTW)  has
> an option to always play in a given order, and I would like to have it
> do so (actually, I had the list, but doing a low level format of your
> hard drive tends to lose things like that.

Check the BOC FAQ - it's in there.

> > 5 guitars (mark II and III versions).
> >>
> >What are the mk ii and iii versions?

This is in the FAQ too, but I can do this one from memory...

Mark I was the 5 guitar jam at the end of ME-262
Mark II was the "independent" jam they used to do after Joe's bass solo
-- as heard on "Live 1976"
Mark III was the instrumental version of "Golden Age of Leather"

> Call me zany, but if they ever decide to expand the "acoutsic set" beyond
> one song (In Thee), Redeemed would be a cool number to hear again... as
> would I'm On the Lamb.  The latter's my fave version of the Red and the
> black, actually.

Back in '95, they briefly (1 or 2 shows) did The Great Sun-Jester
acoustically.  Rumor had it that they were going to also do She's as
Beautiful as a Foot, but that never happened.

> Bolle should convince KBFH to set up a fan poll on bocfanclub.com in order
> to select tracks for the live 'un. Number of hits to the siteand things
> like that should give KBFH a god index of how many copies to run off
> initially.

KBFH only has the shows that BOC did for them to work with, so of course
there won't be any HF tunes.  Bolle hinted that this MIGHT be a 2-CD
set, and that there is little or no motiviation to include BOC's "hits"
on it, so he believes that we'll get lots of the more obscure stuff.

John

John A. Swartz - The MITRE Corporation, Bedford MA - jswartz at mitre.org

"Fear is the path to the Dark Side.  Fear leads to Anger.   Anger leads
to Hate.
Hate leads to SUFFERING."  -- Yoda (Star Wars: Episode 1 - The Phantom Menace)