OFF: Dead Remotes

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Tue Mar 9 08:53:52 EST 1999

Steven Tice writes:

> No, that's not a new band. :-)  Both of my remotes have now died.  I can use
> neither the stereo nor the CD player without manipulating the main unit.  It's
> not the batteries, new batteries don't change anything...the remotes have just
> ceased to function.  My question is, what do you do to fix dead remotes?  Take
> them to Radio Shack and hope for the best?  Any advice would be greatly
> appreciated!  Thanks...

I'd just go out and buy one of those "Universal Programmable Remotes"
and then you'll only need to lose one remote before renewing the walking
to the stereo exercise proramme.

I dunno what it is that goes in these remotes in the end. They must be
total solid state devices. Maybe the keypad just gives up or something.

> Steven Tice

FoFP