OFF: Dead Remotes

Dave Berry daveb at HARLEQUIN.CO.UK
Tue Mar 9 09:26:28 EST 1999

At 14:17 09/03/99 GMT, M Holmes wrote:
>> I'd just go out and buy one of those "Universal Programmable Remotes"
>> and then you'll only need to lose one remote before renewing the walking
>> to the stereo exercise proramme.
>
>Errrrr, though it's likely that these things learn their programs from
>the old remote...

The one we've got for our TV+video comes with a list of 3-digit codes with
which to select the devices you own.  E.g. it lists 6 codes for Toshiba
TVs, and we had to try them one by one until we found one that worked.

Dave.

Languages Group Manager.
Harlequin Ltd., Lismore House, 127 George St, Edinburgh, EH2 4JN, UK.
Tel: +44 131 240 6106.