Dawn of Hawkwind - new CD

Kevin Sommers novadrive at PANGEATECH.COM
Tue Mar 9 09:31:43 EST 1999

> What with 4 albums called Master of the Universe, 3 called Silver
> Machine and 2 called "Welcome to the Future I suppose someone had to
> make life worse for Hawkwind Kollectors. Now there's to be a new CD
> called "Dawn of Hawkwind" which is unrelated to the boot CD of the same
> title.
>
> I gather this is to be early Brock/Hawkwind Zoo/Group X stuff.
>
> FoFP

Here's some info (from here: http://www.artist-shop.com/index.htm):
"And if that's not enough, here's what's on the horizon of future releases
through Voiceprint!

Hawkwind/Dawn of Hawkwind - Hawkwind were formed from the ashes of the
Hawkwind musicians collective in West London in 1969, with their self titled
debut album released in 1970 on Liberty Records. Their main songwriter Dave
Brock (vocals, guitars, keyboards) has assembled this collection of studio
and live recordings, which cover the years 1966 to the early 70's. There are
three different acts featured on this release: The Dharma Blues Band,
Hawkwind Zoo and Dave Brock solo. All tracks are sequenced in chronological
order and are previously unreleased or alternative versions. The first 1,000
copies will come with a 32 page A5 booklet, which will feature previously
unseen photographs and reproductions from contemporary Hawkwind tour
programmes. This Hawkwind scrapbook has been assembled by Dave Brock and
will ensure that the initial pressings become desirable collector's items."

Is this just a thinly disguised way of, for the ten-trillionth time,
recycling the same old stuff we've been already assaulted with, or truly
something worthwhile?  Hmmmm....

Kevin Sommers

primiti too taa, nnz kkr muu

<http://www.members.pangeatech.com/novadrive/>