OFF: Dead Remotes

Marshall Wood mwood at MY-DEJANEWS.COM
Tue Mar 9 10:27:45 EST 1999

On Tue, 9 Mar 1999 14:55:16    M Holmes wrote:
>I'm thinking I have remotes for two JVC videos (you can switch one
>remote to "A" or "B" depending which VCR you want to control), a
>Ferguson VCR, a Saisho TV and Aiwa tape deck, and a Marantz CD player.
>The JVC has about 30 buttons alone on the remote. Would one Universal
>Remote handle all that? Maybe by having 30 buttons and 6 different modes?

You might have to search a bit to find one like that, but they exist.  I bought mine through a mail order company called Damark - I just found out that they have a web site - http://www.damark.com.  I don't see the one I bought there - the only one on the page costs US$54!  I think mine was more like $20-25.

Mine has six modes - each mode can control both a TV & VCR.  That uses up 2 modes for me (for the TV/VCR pair in 2 different rooms).  Then I have one for my stereo (though I didn't program all the functions of my receiver on it), including the basic functions of my CD player.  The more advanced CD player functions are on another mode.  I'd recommend something that allows you to label the buttons the way you've programmed them - it's tough remembering which of the buttons labelled A, B, C, and D is programmed for "on-screen display" for each VCR - I always end up hitting the one programmed for "eject" by mistake!  :-)

Good luck!

MWood

-----== Sent via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==-----
http://www.dejanews.com/  Easy access to 50,000+ discussion forums