yardbirds alumni

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Wed Mar 10 06:45:49 EST 1999

Jason,
I know you're a big time Yardbirds fan, so I'm wondering if you've
ever heard the excellent Box of Frogs albums?  Anyway,
McCarty, Dreja and Samwell-Smith put out 2 albums back, oh say, mid
80s.  First was Box of Frogs, second was Strange Land.  They've been
reissued on one cd: A-26866  Sony Music Special Products.

These albums are noteworthy for their regrouping of the original
Yardbirds, but also for their participation by Beck and Page on a few
cuts, and also Rory Gallagher on a couple tunes.

Material isn't all that psychedelic [as Yardbirds stuff goes] but is
pretty bluesey, and not the least bit predictable.

Ever hear of these guys?  I think you'd dig this stuff.  Have you
heard any moore about the new Trower live?  Jeff Beck has a new album
out next week, and he's touring!  There's a NYC gig, and also, I
think, a Hartford show so you'd better get to it.  I won't be able to
make any of the shows so far, and I'm torn up over it.  Check
Pollstar or UBL for details...

theo