Dawn of Hawkwind - new CD

Miikka Wagner micci at SCI.FI
Wed Mar 10 12:33:02 EST 1999

Hi there!

jill wrote:
>Actually I'm guessing this must be the 66-70 release that has been
>promised for a while now and if so it'll be an official release and
>could be interesting although I'm curious to know exactly what
>"unreleased or alternative versions" is going to mean in reality.
>Possibly remixed versions of the earlier releases??   I don't know
>how much else Hawkwind Zoo did except for the album that already
>exists and to the best of my knowledge (someone please correct me
>if I'm wrong) there were no recordings made of the period when Brock
>was playing with Dharma Blues - I've got a Dharma Blues album but it was
>released after DB left.    There are a couple of tracks on "White Boy
>Blues" but I can't remember if Brock features on these.    If there is
>really some previously unreleased material coming out here it could be
>an extrememly interesting release IMO!    But I'm only dreaming, I
>guess!

Brian Twan wrote in Approved history of HW booklet :

"In 1964 Brock and Luke Francis began playing as a duo, later to be joined
by Mike King and, in time, to be know as DBB. They played gigs and recorded
some songs, two of which were used on blues compilations during that period
and have also been isssued on blues compilations during the eighties.These
songs were Roll Em Pete and the better know Dealing With The Devil."

and also consider The Famous Cure:

"Famous Cure second line-up (Brock & Mick Slattery) recorded a single called
Sweet Mary which reached number five in the Dutch charts. The band also
recorded a couple of "live" tracks, Dust My Shoes and one other, the title
of which is long forgotten, and the two were released on an album called
Harlem Blues Festival. It also seems highly likely that other Dutch Blues
albums have Famous Cure material thereon."

So now we have couple new items to get!

Miikka Wagner
email: micci at sci.fi
http://www.sci.fi/~micci