' Zilla

Joseph Brooks Joseph.Brooks at GCCCD.NET
Thu Mar 11 11:11:37 EST 1999

Oh, it (Godzilla) didn't hurt them financially, aside from perhaps turning
away some people who might otherwise have given them more of a chance. It
made them, seem less than serious (if that's the only song you know by
them). A suprizing amount of people I speak to have no idea who did DFTR,
know it from King's "The Stand" movie and are surprised when I tell them
that it's the same band that did Godzilla.

And...

Ok, that's done it.. (standing up) My name is Joe and I am a Rush fan. I
don't really understand the dislike of Rush (to each his own, of course..),
they are very good at what they do. Ok, not a lot of improv there but most
of their stuff is very well written.. Whats not to like? Ok, Geddy's voice
can take a little getting used to, especially in the early days.. (screech
screech) but I think they've cranked out some very good stuff over the
years. I'm not the big fan I once was but I do still enjoy them and liked
"Test For Echo" better than their last several albums..

And I certainly wouldn't call them High-brow, unless you're comparing them
to, uh, Metallica or Megadeth or some such, dude...

JB "1277, express to heaven, speeding along like dynamite..."