' Zilla

bart bart at AEOLIANS.BT.CO.UK
Thu Mar 11 13:35:17 EST 1999

> Hehe, now you're punching my buttons.. I absolutely detest the band Boston
> and anyone who sounds like them. Blech! Its over-produced, homogenized,
> cliché'd.. and just plain indigestible. Rush is 10 times the band Boston is,
> 100 times.. I could go on..

Surely its a fine line between well produced and over produced, and the line
is gonna be a personal preference.

I mean Type O _Bloody Kisses_ or Tool's _Aenima_ are chock full of production.
Do they have a correctly clean sound or are they sapped of their raw energy?
It depends on what the artist is trying to say. Listen to Rush if (like I do,
I admit it) want to clear well produced music, or go listen to Roky Erickson
or Neil's _Weld_ (like I also do) if you want to go for the underlying vibe.

31 flavours to choose from, as Sacred Reich reminded us.

its surely a non-subject.

Tim

ObCD: Download _III_