HW/OFF: Support College Radio Music...

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Fri Mar 12 12:52:26 EST 1999

On Fri, 12 Mar 1999, Chuck Rosenberg wrote:

=>In a message dated 99-03-11 20:17:40 EST, you write:
=><<
=>      Some of this stuff may well be out of print, but the Spacious
=> Mind stuff is not.  You can order recordings of theirs from Delerium.
=>
=> Cheers,
=> Carl
=>  >>
=>
=>I know I can order most of these, but they're all imports and too expensive.
=>Sorry for being so cheap.

They're not all imports.  The two early Sundial albums were reissued
domestically in the USA on GaAs records.  I got mine mail order for
$10 apiece, along with the Modern Art "All Aboard the Mind Train"
reissue.  That's pretty cheap!

=>But I don't get paid for the radio show and that's exposure for the bands, so
=>I don't think it's unethical or anything. Chuck

Yeah, but it's illegal, so your radio station *might* frown upon
it/give you the boot/whatever if they catch you.  (Or they might not.)

Have you thought of writing to the record companies or bands in
question to request promo copies?  (Loads of promos turn up in the
used racks of our local record store from our VT college radio
station, WUVT 90.7, e.g., my copy of Julian Cope's _Autogeddon_ came
that route.)

Doesn't your station have a DAT deck for compiling shows?  Since Keith
Henderson offered to loan his CDs, you could presumably record them on
to DAT for broadcast on your show.

Cheers,

Paul.