Rush vs. B+C

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Fri Mar 12 12:36:15 EST 1999

> From:          Goran Janicijevic <simplius at SOFTHOME.NET>
>
> What Rush did with their career flow, is unique - from critics scorn
> to acclaim; evolution from one of the most annoying, to the one of the
> finest bands ever. Therefore, ridiculing Geddy's voice is just passé.

Critiqueing GL's voice is far from passe.  I doubt even the critics
that you claim are now praising Rush [I'd like to see that in
writing!] are doing so on the basis of Geddy's voice.  Most likely
they are begrudgingly acknowledging their instrumental expertise [I
never said they couldn't play their instruments, only that they can't
write decent lyrincs or provide decent vocals] and overlooking the
vocals.  I cannot envision one credible critic who would say anything
flattering about the horrible crin crin...

theo