"Zilla

Timothy G. Northrup tgn at GATE.NET
Fri Mar 12 18:15:07 EST 1999

On Friday, March 12, 1999 5:32 PM, BREVARD, Adrian R. [SMTP:abrevard at SHL.COM] wrote:
> JS>Now, this I hadn't thought of since I became a BOC fan around 1979.
> Longtime fans who first heard and saw the band prior to say 1976 may not
> appreciate a song like Godzilla since it's quite a bit different from
> most of the other stuff BOC had done up to that point (or since for that
> matter).
>
> Well I was there pretty much at the start and I loved 'Zilla on first
> listen.  The thunder, the bottom, the riff.  Very cool song. However after
> hearing this song close to a thousand times it feels redundant and stale.

I started listening to BOC around 74/75 (Secret Treaties) and first heard 'Zilla at
a show at Lebanon Valley Speedway (on a Black & Blue tour) in the summer
of '76 or '77, and before Spectres even cameout if I remember correctly. The
thunder rumbling off the mountains and the laser beaming out for miles blew
me away. Loved it. Still do.

        -- Tim

ObCD: Rush - "Chronicles" ... high brow? hmmm ...

--
Tim Northrup (TimNorthrup at CSi.Com)
ICQ #3835296