HW/OFF: Support College Radio Music...

Fri Mar 12 18:57:12 EST 1999

On fre 12 mar 1999 12.52 -0500 "Paul Mather" <paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU>
wrote:
> Have you thought of writing to the record companies or bands in
> question to request promo copies?

     I was going to say that several of those bands have members
who are on-line, or whose snail mail addresses are available.
Some might lurk on this list ... ;)  Yeah, they're stuff is from
overseas and it costs a bit more thereby.  Det är ett fritt land,
but if we're going to crassly pirate CDs IMO we might at least bite
the bullet and limit ourselves to dubbing stuff that's otherwise
unavailable. Blokes like the Spacious Mind aren't exactly rolling
in dough, and they do hope to recover some of the costs incurred
in making the album!  Yeah, radio exposure would sure help them,
but hey, maybe they're hip to it--ask them!

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson