HW/OFF: Support College Radio Music...

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Sat Mar 13 01:19:19 EST 1999

<<
 =>In a message dated 99-03-11 20:17:40 EST, you write:
 =><<
 =>      Some of this stuff may well be out of print, but the Spacious
 => Mind stuff is not.  You can order recordings of theirs from Delerium.
 =>
 => Cheers,
 => Carl
 =>  >>
 =>
 =>I know I can order most of these, but they're all imports and too
expensive.
 =>Sorry for being so cheap.

 They're not all imports.

---Well, okay okay, if you wanna get so technical... I'm sure the Melting U
albums were released on Cleopatra, too, but I've still never seen them....

 The two early Sundial albums were reissued
 domestically in the USA on GaAs records.  I got mine mail order for
 $10 apiece, along with the Modern Art "All Aboard the Mind Train"
 reissue.  That's pretty cheap!

---Now that's the sort of price I look for! :)

 =>But I don't get paid for the radio show and that's exposure for the bands,
so
 =>I don't think it's unethical or anything. Chuck

 Yeah, but it's illegal, so your radio station *might* frown upon
 it/give you the boot/whatever if they catch you.  (Or they might not.)

---Yeah, I've been meaning to ask about that.

 Have you thought of writing to the record companies or bands in
 question to request promo copies?  (Loads of promos turn up in the
 used racks of our local record store from our VT college radio
 station, WUVT 90.7, e.g., my copy of Julian Cope's _Autogeddon_ came
 that route.)

---Yes; I was thinking of writing the companies. The station apparently might
get some promos in, as a result of my playlist, but I won't hold my breath...

 Doesn't your station have a DAT deck for compiling shows?  Since Keith
 Henderson offered to loan his CDs, you could presumably record them on
 to DAT for broadcast on your show.

 Cheers,

 Paul.

 ---Yes, there is a DAT deck, but I don't even understand what it's for. I
thought those were for recording music onto, as in at a studio... Would
someone mind, then, explaining what a DAT _is_, and why it might be better to
use for a radio show than a regular cassette?
Thanks, Chuck