HW/OFF: Support College Radio Music...

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Sat Mar 13 01:25:16 EST 1999

<<
      I was going to say that several of those bands have members
 who are on-line, or whose snail mail addresses are available.

---Really? Tell me where to find those addresses. I mean, if you want to. :)

 Some might lurk on this list ... ;)

----Yeah, I was gonna say something to Marc about Born to God; is he still
here?

 Yeah, they're stuff is from
 overseas and it costs a bit more thereby.  Det är ett fritt land,
 but if we're going to crassly pirate CDs IMO we might at least bite
 the bullet and limit ourselves to dubbing stuff that's otherwise
 unavailable.

---Okay, but do you consider CD-R copying as "pirating" anymore than cassette-
copying is? Curious... I've always traded tapes, and never minded them in the
least; it's just that in the context of DJing, they don't seem as efficient...

Blokes like the Spacious Mind aren't exactly rolling
 in dough, and they do hope to recover some of the costs incurred
 in making the album!  Yeah, radio exposure would sure help them,
 but hey, maybe they're hip to it--ask them!

 Cheers,
 Carl >>

---Maybe. I don't know what's generally considered ethical on these topics.
But I really doubt it would make a difference around here--no one seems to
know about the scene anyway... even these "hip" college students... Chuck