Off: The Brain (not Brain Surgeons!)

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Sat Mar 13 01:35:22 EST 1999

Well, I finally just ordered the damn thing from CDNOW, "Access & Amplify".
And it was worth the $15. :) Just as was the Anubian Lights. I'm sure there
was a bit of discuss on this when it came out, but what about those of us who
didn't have the album then? We have to miss out? There are hundreds and
hundreds of posts about the latest Hawkwind albums, many of which aren't that
great, meanwhile Anubian Lights, The Brain, etc. are putting out top-notch
stuff, and no one pays any mind. Oh, this list is for Hawkwind? Well, that's
true, I do forget that now and then...
Anyway, this album is impossibly spacey, lush, warm, deep (as space is),
listening to it is kinda like drowning in a bottle of vodka--numbing, but a
good numb.... Did they ever do a follow-up?
I tried e-mailing Tommy Grenas once, but he didn't reply. Do you think he
doesn't like me? Maybe he doesn't like my looks...

Chuck