The Brain (not Brain Surgeons!)

Patrick Cordiner s328171 at STUDENT.UQ.EDU.AU
Sat Mar 13 21:43:42 EST 1999

----------
> From: Chuck Rosenberg
> Date: Saturday, March 13, 1999 4:35 PM
>
> Well, I finally just ordered the damn thing from CDNOW, "Access &
Amplify".
> And it was worth the $15. :) Just as was the Anubian Lights. I'm sure
there
> was a bit of discuss on this when it came out, but what about those of us
who
> didn't have the album then? We have to miss out? There are hundreds and
> hundreds of posts about the latest Hawkwind albums, many of which aren't
that
> great, meanwhile Anubian Lights, The Brain, etc. are putting out
top-notch
> stuff, and no one pays any mind. Oh, this list is for Hawkwind? Well,
that's
> true, I do forget that now and then...

Well, having recently bought Dark Matter's (a.k.a. Helios Creed) Seeing
Strange Lights and Zero Gravity's (a.k.a. Len Del Rio) Space does not Care
I would totally agree that these albums (ESPECIALLY ANUBIAN LIGHTS) deserve
recognition in the BOC-L discussion. I mean if we can talk about the
artistic/musical merit of Motorhead we can talk about pretty much anything.

-Patrick