BOC/OFF: Repercussion of a bad musical trip

Bolts of Ungodly Vision js3619 at WIZVAX.NET
Sat Mar 13 23:56:02 EST 1999

Given the psyche scarring effect of that Styx show, some observations:
1. BOC is better off playing clubs. Why? They don't look like caricatures
of men with badly grown long hair or TV show actors hamming it up for
people that havea camera.  When I've seen BOC they dont do the silly
prowling of stages while playing instruments... its a waste of energy. When
you're in the zone, stay there dont do candy-assed publiciy stunts.
2. Leave reunion/marketing concerts for people that are the essence of AOR.
Everyone knows that a big  show isnt where its at.  I dont konw why PBS has
a fascination with the Moody Blues/Styx--Ah, that it. they're
"semi-refined" rockers in a wanna-be-progressive way that is like the
Monekess wanting to be rock and rollers schtick(?).

3. "This band set the standard of music for the 70s" said the PBS pledge
drive hostess about STyx. Yes they did, if you don't want to make up your
own.

Pardon me, Im full of pent up madcap typing/Habermas' theory of
communicative action/Fugazi/Who Live at Leeds.

PLAY IT LOUD
Jason

"I'm in a FOUL mood today. Stay outa my way or I'll CRITIQUE YOUR ASS to
hell. Just ME,just YOU...a decent song. You wanna see THEM, see THEM. I
don't give a shit." -  Richard Meltzer