HW:Ramble

Mark Edmonds edmondsm.brbs at EMS.RAIL.CO.UK
Mon Mar 15 08:29:00 EST 1999

From: Mark Edmonds
Date: 1999-03-15 13:29

>I've always
>tried to figure out if on the LIVE 1979 version of "Motorway City" at about
>the 2:00 minute point it Huw and Dave are trading lead licks, and if so,
why
>they never seemed to do this again?
>Kevin Sommers

There is no trading going on there as best I can tell. I don't have it to
hand at present but I suspect that the bit you mean is where Dave is
plucking out the main riff chords doing something like da-da-da-daaaa-da-da
and Huw is on top doing deee-dooo-daaaa       deee-dooooo (sort of
phonetically you understand). Dave sticks to rhythm throughout this piece.
If Huw's lead seems to be coming from one side of the stage then the other,
its panning.

I can't think of *any* instance of Dave and Huw trading licks. Trading blows
is another matter....

Mark