Pissing Contest

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Mon Mar 15 10:54:36 EST 1999

> From:          Joseph Brooks <Joseph.Brooks at GCCCD.NET>

> Hey, its just a debate for fun and for something to talk about as far as I'm
> concerned. Gives me something to read and to respond to. Heck, I love both
> bands... or... both bands suck... whatever..... Its better than an empty or
> All-Hawkwind list, isn't it?
>
> JB

Couldn't have said it better myself.  It NEVER WAS a pissing
contest anyway.   And since JB and I were the most prolific
combatants in this latest skirmish, maybe we know of what we speak.
You notice neither of us allowed things to degenerate into name
calling or personal attack.  It was all [albeit irreverently]
confined to music.

Also note:  while I love to skewer Rush in this
forum, I would consider it inappropriate for me to go to a Rush list
and piss on their parade.  Yet several Rush fans felt it okay to
praise Rush at BOC's expense right here on good-ole BOC-L.  My
conscience is clear as Geddy's warbling contralto...

theo