Off: 101 adjectives

Joseph Brooks Joseph.Brooks at GCCCD.NET
Mon Mar 15 15:04:27 EST 1999

In my mind, the two terms are similar... BTO fits either. They always
reminded me of three trolls under a bridge ("Tra-la-la-la..") :-)

My point... Ponderous = dull & lacking fluency, having great weight (So says
Webster). Sounds more like Motorhead to me than Rush which I would think of
as being airy and light both lyrically and musically by comparison. I just
used Motorhead as an example, relevant to the list. I wasn't picking on
them. That and I value finesse in music over volume, attitude or aggression.

I guess I'm a geezer but I didn't realize there was a distinction between
speed and thrash metal.

                -----Original Message-----
                From:   DASLUD at AOL.COM [mailto:DASLUD at AOL.COM]
                Sent:   Friday, March 12, 1999 10:07 PM
                To:     Multiple recipients of list BOC-L
                Subject:        Re: Off: 101 adjectives

                In a message dated 3/12/99 12:14:22 PM,
Joseph.Brooks at GCCCD.NET writes:

                << BTO was ponderous.. Most speed metal oriented bands and..
(ducking)

                bands like Motorhead who's music comes across with about as
much finesse as

                a fart in church (sorry, Lemmy fans...).>>

                gee i dunno, joe, was BTO "ponderous",
                 or were they "lumbering"?   hoo-hah!

                as for motorhead's lack of "finesse".....your point, sir?

                waxing rhetorically, "speed metal", in contrast to "thrash
metal", tends to
                involve a maniacal exactitude, as opposed to
"finesse"....calling scott
                heller>>>>

                whew.