OFF: Sava question sort of...

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Tue Mar 16 11:44:10 EST 1999

JB>And about Jon O. I have to agree, for pure sinister sounding, heavy
metal,
grinding vocals, he's the man.

Indeed, nobody does it better.

JB>If you recall, you had run down the Savatage
catalog for me.. Well, I went to the CD store I frequent and picked up a
few. They only had a few so I got Gutter Ballet and.. damn.. I am shit with
titles.. Its got a cool fantasy style cover with a scantily clad chick
kneeling by a lake or something.

Ah the missing title belongs to Edge of Thorns, my personal fave Sava album.
Certainly not their best but a sentimental fave with me.  Cris Oliva's last
album before his untimely death and Zak Steven first album.

JB>I have to say, I'm not thrilled with Gutter
Ballet. A few songs are likable but... The jury is still out on the other
one but I suspect I need to go further back to find the stuff I really like.

Gutter will take some getting used too but I love it.  They have a live
compilation called Ghost in the Ruins that have a few of those songs on it.
Listen to studio version of Hounds then try the live version, completely
different song.  Sav is acutually pretty tame in the studio compared to
live, much like BOC.

JB>I'm keeping my eye's peeled for that Dr. Butcher you mentioned.

This be an import.  You may never see it in America, so don't waste time
browsing Best Buy.  I've played this one for one of our most famous lurkers
around here and he laps it up.  Finally converted him to liking big Jon's
vocal style.  There is a second Dr. Buthcer in the works.

JB>Hey, love me or hate me, you gotta admit, I get this list to posting,
don't
I?

I luv ya man!

L8er