Various

John A. Swartz jswartz at MITRE.ORG
Thu Mar 18 08:20:36 EST 1999

> Steve
> swann at plutonia.com

Steve!  Haven't heard from you in I don't know how long and suddenly
you've developed an itchy typing finger!  Good to see ya around here
again (even if it's all your fault...)

> Subject: BOC rarity offerred?
> Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 16:55:21 GMT
> From: M Holmes <fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK>
>
> I spotted, in someomne's list, the following:
>
> Blue Oyster Cult/Aerosmith
>
> rare Promo only LP
>
> One side each band.
>
> So is this the BOC equivalent of the Hawkwind/Jefferson Airplane LP?
>
> FoFP

There's a brief entry in the FAQ about this:

1975 -- New York's Heavy Metal Sound - Japanese LP - BOC on one side (5
        songs from their first 3 albums), Aerosmith on the other side

I don't know what songs are on it - if anyone picks this up, I'd like to know.

> JS>I should be at the club by 8:30 - wearing blue jeans, a slightly beat-up
> brown
> leather jacket and a black t-shirt with a Tommy Hilfiger logo, probably
> with a beer in hand, hanging out either by the soundboard or toward the
> stage.  Oh,
> and if the music has started, I'll have my earplugs in.  Hope to see
> some of you there!
>
> Oh I get cised!  Tommy T-shirt, Kevin Bacon looks and a Sam Adams?  Are we
> wearing our glasses too?   Hehehehehe John I figured you's go in wearing at
> least a Vixen t-shirt hehehehehehehehehehe

That's right - I forgot, but I have a passing resemblence to Kevin Bacon
(an ugly Kevin Bacon I would say).  The beer I'm drinking, if the club
has it, WILL be Sam Adams (not 'cuz it's a Boston thing, but 'cuz it's
good beer -- it's also not the kind that I can drink 6 in night - a good
think since I'll probably be at the club for at least 4 hours...).  As
for the glasses, I'm keepin' them home tonight (but I am wearing them
now so that my contact lenses don't feel like jumpin' out of my head by
11:00 pm...)

John