Don't throw Styx

Joseph Brooks Joseph.Brooks at GCCCD.NET
Thu Mar 18 10:56:04 EST 1999

Well, I never did hear anyone stick up for Boston. And Motley Crue should be
despised just for stealing BOC's umlaut AND Kiss's makeup.. did they ever do
anything original?

JB

                -----Original Message-----
                From:   BREVARD, Adrian R. [mailto:abrevard at SHL.COM]
                Sent:   Thursday, March 18, 1999 7:16 AM
                To:     Multiple recipients of list BOC-L
                Subject:        OFF: Don't throw Styx

                 Actually they're a bunch of kids from Chicago who
accidentally hit the
                > > big time.  They wrote a hell of a lot of good
rock-n-roll (which
                > > you'll never have heard, because I seriously doubt that
you've even
                > > *met* anybody who owns a copy of "Serpent" or
"Equinox").  Then they
                > > got carried away with their own success, and started
getting into
                > > artsy, overblown concept albums in the late 70s/early
80s.  They made
                > > really big fools of themselves, and they've never lived
it down.

                True, grew up in a neighborhood about 3 miles away from my
wife's old
                neighborhood.  Unless you count Tommy Shaw as a real memeber
of Styx.
                Believe Tommy hails from Alabama..."Go Tide!"

                Ah the conceptual stuff was ok, I like this band and used to
own several
                pieces of vinyl, at least 8, get it?

                Can we all work together and find a band universally
despised on this list?
                We gotta rip somebody...anybody...what about Boston? Motley
Crue?  LA Gunns?
                C'mon folks think about it.

                Ghost in the Ruins

                NP: Galactic Cowboys - Space in Your Face