Off: 101 adjectives

Joseph Brooks Joseph.Brooks at GCCCD.NET
Thu Mar 18 11:07:16 EST 1999

Bro, I didn't compare them to Metallica as a compliment. I find everything
they did up to the black album unlistenable. As I said, I can't really
comment on Motorhead because I am basing my opinions on the two songs (or
so) that I've heard which were enough to keep me from listening further.
Perhaps I was just unlucky and heard two of their sucky songs.

Ya gotta understand, I am not only very picky and opinionated, but I tend to
make snap decisions when it comes to my likes and dislikes and sometimes
even I don't have much of a clue why I like or dislike something.

JB
                -----Original Message-----
                From:   Carl Edlund Anderson [mailto:cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK]
                Sent:   Monday, March 15, 1999 4:14 PM
                To:     Multiple recipients of list BOC-L
                Subject:        Re: Off: 101 adjectives

                On mån 15 mar 1999 13.21 -0800 "Joseph Brooks"
<Joseph.Brooks at GCCCD.NET>
                wrote:
                > I can't speak much about the merit of Lemmy's lyrics since
I'm pretty much
                > clueless when it comes to Motorhead. I've heard just a few
tracks and
                wasn't
                > captivated much at all. Sounded about like early Metallica
to me.. (ick!).

                     Dude (if you'll pardon the expression) the first
Metallica
                album is pretty weak IMO barring the bass solo.  Even _March
or
                Die_ and _Iron Fist_ (possibly Motorhead's two weakest
albums)
                beat it :)

                     It's been said before: Motorhead is basically Chuck
Berry
                with nine times the wattage.  Except with deeper lyrics :)

                Cheers,
                Carl

                --
                Carl Edlund Anderson