BOC/OFF: Repercussion of a bad musical trip

Joseph Brooks Joseph.Brooks at GCCCD.NET
Thu Mar 18 11:31:41 EST 1999

But we're the ones who buy their music and attend their concerts which, in
my opinion, gives us the right to bash them, critique them and yes, make fun
of them. Without us they'd all be working at Sears or Denny's or
something...

"Wind up working at a gas station.." - Zappa

JB

                -----Original Message-----
                From:   Stephen Swann [mailto:swann at PLUTONIA.COM]
                Sent:   Wednesday, March 17, 1999 10:13 AM
                To:     Multiple recipients of list BOC-L
                Subject:        Re: BOC/OFF: Repercussion of a bad musical
trip

                DASLUD at AOL.COM writes:

                > In a message dated 3/17/99 10:46:23 AM, swann at PLUTONIA.COM
writes:

                > <<Anyway, feel free to continue with the big Styx bashing
festival.
                > They're a *real* easy target, so I'm sure you'll all get
in lots of
                > good, stinging put downs that will show everyone on the
list just how
                > clever you are.  :-)
                > >>

                > >and then there's the (affected accent) "i'm above such
things, myself"
                > approach ^-~

                Yeah, I just forgot to mention it.  I've never made fun of
anybody. ;-)

                Anyways... I just hate to see musicians who worked a long
time for
                their success get run down due to some (serious)
misjudgements made in
                their later years.  And this business of kicking the shit
out of bands
                who have no defenders is getting kind of old.

                Steve
                swann at plutonia.com