OFF: Don't throw Styx

Stephen Swann swann at PLUTONIA.COM
Thu Mar 18 12:35:04 EST 1999

hijinks at UTARLG.UTA.EDU writes:

> Hmm... Journey
>         Survivor
>
> and let's not forgot the truly awful current bands:
>         Seven Mary Three
>         Matchbox 20
>         Green Jelly (formerly Jello!)

Look, they're *supposed* to suck - they built their whole career around
the fact that they suck.  Back when they were a local band in
Western NY, they sold t-shirts that said "Green Jello Sucks".  You
can't hold the fact that they suck against them - it's their defining
attribute!  It's like blaming Sam Kinnison for singing badly on
"Wild Thing".

>         Deep Blue Something
>         Rusted Root

Actually, _Cruel Sun_ is an awesome album.  I don't think much of
their later work, when they softened it up for the new-age crowd.

> apologies in advance if someone actually is a fan of some of these...

Duly noted.

Steve
swann at plutonia.com