OFF: 10 Most hated

Fri Mar 19 05:31:02 EST 1999

On fre 19 mar 1999 02.44 +0000 DASLUD at aol.com wrote:
> well if one is going to go so far as to make up such a list, it's not
> necessarily a matter of what you've CHOSEN to hear...regarding the '70s
bands
> mr brooks and i agree are to be hated, in my case and very likely his it's
> more a matter of constantly hearing those bands against your will...at
work,
> in someone else's car, at a party, etc.

     Ah, well, I guess I've lucked out there.  I've never worked
anywhere there was music (except if one counts my own room in
school :).  In cars, my parents have decent taste in classical
music and used to occasionally let me spin the tunes--and my
girlfriend likes Hawkwind, BOC, Sabbath, Skynyrd, etc. so I can't
complain even if she does have a strange liking for Alanis
Kitchenette ;)  And luckily I don't many people who are liable
to play anything too awful at parties.  A lot of pubs play fairly
dire music, but I never pay enough attention to be affected by
it :)

     Actually, my final year of undergrad there were some dorks
next door who played "YMCA" at all their parties and I ended
up being none to fond of it.  They had one _long_ party the night
before graduation which went on into the wee hours.  I retaliated
by getting up a 6 am, putting the speakers against the wall, and
cutting loose with _Space Ritual_ at full throttle :)

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson