OFF: 10 Most hated

Fri Mar 19 06:49:05 EST 1999

On fre 19 mar 1999 11.28 +0000 "Andy Gilham" <Andy.Gilham at BTINTERNET.COM>
wrote:
> Count yourself lucky if you've never heard Britney Spears.  You will.
> Number one in the UK and US singles charts, last I looked, and number one
in
> the US album charts.

     Continued isolation from radio and television should help
protect me :)

> Also count yourself lucky if you've never experienced even a slight touch
of
> depression!

     Yeah, but it was because I was broke and unemployed! :)
If I can scrape up enough cash to afford the occasional CD,
book, or pint, then I reckon I got no business complaining
about anything else :)

     Petri Walli offed himself, and I count that a infinitely
greater loss than Cobain.  Now there was a depressed man.  But
I find most of his music extremely uplifting, and besides, he
wasn't totally rich.  Quite different, IMO.  So I can't work up
the same level of antipathy :)

Cheers,
Carl

--