And now, a word from our sponsor (PLEASE READ)

J Strobridge eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Fri Mar 19 08:14:56 EST 1999

Terry Kennedy, Operations Mgr writes:

>   I'm the guy who manages the servers at SPC (and gets to decide what is and
> isn't allowed). Imagine my surprise when I found several hundred error mes-
> sages in my mailbox, all larger than a megabyte in size. Then, when I started
> investigating, I found other parts of the SPC mail system clogged up due to
> sites that won't receive messages that large. And then I discovered that the
> BOC-L moderator's mailbox was full due to all of this. Then I started getting
> error messages about error messages...
>
>   WE ARE NOT AMUSED
>
>   If you want this list to continue here, this had better stop (along with
> some other lesser offenses which I'll detail later). If you have something

Ah - I was afraid of this.  It's hardly my place to make apologies
for others but I'm sorry this has happened and I would hate to
lose BOC-L because of it since it's been a part of my life for a
long time now!

I'll gladly abide by the rules and I really hope other folk will be able
to.    Courtesy is not the norm in Netland but it would be good if a
small amount could be preserved at least in this domain since it is,
I fear, somewhat of a dying art and it's good to have somewhere I can
still get messages from folk who are polite as well as passionate about
the things they enjoy.

cheers
jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk