No subject

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Fri Mar 19 13:07:37 EST 1999

I had a Weird tape go kaput recently. Fortunately this was replaced by
the good folks at Wolden Studios - they still have 'em if you're looking
for copies.

This has forced me to conclude that it's time to back them up onto CD
and so Jill and I have been perusing the tracklists of such. Since
CD-R's come in 74 minutes and the more expensive 80 minutes this means
that 5 CD's are needed for the 8/9 Weird tapes. It would also be
sensible to collect tracks from the same gigs:

Golden Void from Friends and Relations back with the Sonic Assassinstracks.

Silver Machine/Welcome from Glastonbury Fayre to rejoin the Greasy
Truckers tracks.

Waiting For The Man from Corridor of Flame to the Roundhouse 77 tracks.

The listings below are what Jill and I came up with. This would amount
to 3 CDR80#s and two CDR74's.

There's 13 minutes left on the 75-77 CD which would permit bringing
a track in from each of the 3 CDR80's and making them all 74's but this
would entail breaking up sensible collections of tracks.

Going with this would mean room for maybe 3 more tracks on the 75-77
CD and one track on each of 70-73, 75-77 and Brock CD's. Suggestions of
sensible choices from live tapes or other CD-R's would be welcome.
Obviously quality of sound and the rarity of the track would matter. For
example Time For Sale from a CD-R would be good on the 75-77 CD.

Debate about the choice of which tracks for which discs also welcome.

Also any suggestions or offers of artwork for the CD covers would be
most welcome.

When I do the actual work on the computer, I'll be happy to do the same
for other list members. Note though that it's only legal to back up your
Weird tapes if you actually own them.

FoFP

CD1   HAWKLORDS
---   =========

Hawklords Live 1978
W104 Death Trap)
W104 Micro Man)                 segue   9 mins 50 (split 6.10+applause 3.40)

W104 Spirit of the Age)
W104 Urbane Guerilla)           segue   14 mins 26 (split 9.10+applause 5.16)

W104 Steppenwolf)
W104 Free Fall)                 segue   22 mins 30 (split 8.50 5.20+applause)
W104 Uncle Sam/Iron Dream)

Hawklords Studio ?1978
W102 Valium 10                          7 mins 50
W102 Douglas In The Jungle              6 mins 45
W102 Time of                            5 mins 25
W105a Intro + Flying Doctor             6 mins 05
                                       ----------
                             Total     72 mins 59
                                       ==========

CD2   EARLY YEARS 70-73
---   =================

(Greasy Truckers)
W106 Born To Go)
W106 Master of the Universe)    segue  11 mins 58  (split 4.47)
W106 Announcements                      0 mins 40
W106 Jam                                3 mins 17
+ Silver Machine (Glastonbury)          4 mins 45
+ Welcome (Glastonbury)                 2 mins 33

(Text of Festival Tracks)
W106 Hurry On Sundown                   4 mins 42
W106 We Do It                          10 mins 18
W108 Dreaming)
W108 Shouldn't Do That)         segue  12 mins 03 (split 5.09)
(also)
W108 Space Is Deep                      8 mins 15 + applause
W106 Make What You Can                  6 mins 57
W106 Earth Calling                      3 mins 20
W108 Live and Let Live                  3 mins 53
W108 Etchanatay                         3 mins 06
                                       ----------
Total                                  75 mins 49
                                       ==========

CD3   Live '77
---   ========

Stonehenge

W102 Quark Strangeness and Charm )
W102 Master of the Universe )   segue   9 mins 18 (split times 2.30
W102 The Future )                               4.40 2.04)

W102 Spirit of the Age )
W102 Sonic Attack)              segue   11 mins 00 (split times 5.40 5.20)

W103 High Rise                          5 mins 30

W103 Damnation Alley)
W103 Uncle Sam/Iron Dream)      segue   14 mins 15 (split times c.7.40 12.40)

W103 Robot                              7 mins 10

Sonic Assassins
W101 Over the Top                       7 mins 37
W101 Magnu/Angels of Death              5 mins
W101 FreeFall                           7 mins 35
W101 Death Trap                         4 mins
 + Golden Void (F&R)                    4 mins 33
                                       ----------
Total                                  75 mins 59
                                       ==========

CD4  1975 - 1977
---  ===========

1975
(Watchfield)

W103 Cake Out                           4 mins 33
W103 Circles                            4 mins 20
W103 Elements                           4 mins 15

1976

W103 Slap It On De Table                0 mins 50

W105a Advert                            1 min 20
W105a Paranoia                          1 min 02
W105b Back on the Streets)
W105b City of Lagoons)          segue   8mins 50  (split 3.42)

Roundhouse 1977

W105b Brainstorm)
W105b Wind of Change)           segue   11 mins 30 (split 7.17)

W105b Assassins of Allah)
W105b Forge of Vulcan)          segue   9 mins 40 (split 7.15+applause)

W105b Steppenwolf                       9 mins 25
+ Waiting for My Man (CoF)              5 mins 21
                                       ----------
Total                                  61 mins 06
                                       ==========

CD5   Rockin With Brock
---   =================

W108 Roll Em Pete)
W108 Come On)                   segue   4 mins 45 (split 2.19)
W108 Dealing With The Devil             2 mins 07
W108 Bring It On Home                   3 mins 10
W108 Down On Her Knees                  5 mins 41
W106 Came Home                          2 mins 05

W107 Streets of Fear                    4 mins 15
W107 1st Landing On Medusa              2 mins 56
W107 Touchdown                          1 min  45
W107 Winter of Discontent               2 mins 20
W107 Choose Your Masks                  5 mins 25
W107 Looking In The Future              3 mins 31

W107 Disintegration (not listed))
W107 Circles                     )      7 mins 11
W101 Nuclear Toy                        4 mins 15
W101 The War                            4 mins 50
W101 The Dream)
W101 Assassination)             segue   4 mins 55
W101 The Dream2)
W101 Satellite                          2 mins 40

W107 Space Travellers                   2 mins 31
W107 Speed of Light                     5 mins 20
W107 Bombed Out                         3 mins 51
W105 Where Are They Now                 1 mins 55