OFF: Oh chill puhlease, he said he was sorry...

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Fri Mar 19 14:59:15 EST 1999

>I'm the guy who manages the servers at SPC (and gets to decide what is and
isn't allowed). Imagine my surprise when I found several hundred error mes-
sages in my mailbox, all larger than a megabyte in size. Then, when I
started
investigating, I found other parts of the SPC mail system clogged up due to
sites that won't receive messages that large. And then I discovered that the
BOC-L moderator's mailbox was full due to all of this. Then I started
getting
error messages about error messages...

  >WE ARE NOT AMUSED

Gee a college campus must be a real stressful place to be these days.  I'll
probably get booted for this but uh server dude, I don't think the guy was
completely aware of the ramifications of sending a large attachment thru the
e-mail.  Whenever this happens I get code dumps while others actually
receive the attachment.  Don't know why and don't care.  As far as I can
tell the matter has been self policed and every thing is like...you
know...kewl now.  So lighten up baby and join us down here in the mud as we
spend all of our time fragging lame bands (or at least our perception of
lame bands).

Ghost in the Ruins...
...who has decided to mellow out somewhat to the excellent music of Gary
Hoey, heck I'm listening to all of them today.