HW: The Elf & the Hawk

Marshall Wood mwood at MY-DEJANEWS.COM
Fri Mar 19 16:19:45 EST 1999

On Fri, 19 Mar 1999 14:46:55   Keith Henderson wrote:
>>"The Competition"
>Well, no, not really.  It's not really a 'track' though it includes some
>live Hawkwind music.  It was Brian Tawn's audio competition (as the name
>implies) for that particular issue, with prize(s) awarded.

Hmmm.  Thanks for the info, Keith.

Does Alan Davey sing on any of his solo stuff?  I've only got _Captured Rotation_ (w/Ron Tree on vox) and now TE&tH, where all Davey's tracks are instrumentals (I think).  I think he's got a good space rock voice (I love "The Right Stuff" off of _The Business Trip_, and many others he's sung on) - why doesn't he use it now?

>(Just like the
>Xword puzzle to win prizes in the last issue of AI, of which you (Marshall)
>were one of the winners.)

Yeah, I received my complimentary National Steam CD yesterday!  So now I've got an extra!  :-)  Anyone wanna trade?  This is a good bit of space rock by the guys from Quarkspace.

>>NP: _Made in Germany_ - Amon Duul II
>Cool...Phallus Dei was the first ADII LP I bought, but it was really MiG
>that led to my eventual pedestallization of this band.

Yeah, after the net reviews I read of MiG, I was expecting something dire, but it's pretty good.

>Of course, that was the old single disc MiG version.
>So, one question...do you have the Repertoire double CD version?  If not,
>get it....some of the best stuff from this album was left off the crappy
>single CD/LP version.  Tragic mistake.

Yep, I snatched up the Repertoire version for an unbelievable US$10 (new) last week.  The abridged version evidently omitted "Wilhelm Wilhelm" - one of the best tracks of the entire set, methinks.

MWood

NP: Alphataurus - s/t

-----== Sent via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==-----
http://www.dejanews.com/  Easy access to 50,000+ discussion forums