OFF: 10 Most hated

Andrew Apold mordru at FLITE.NET
Fri Mar 19 22:23:44 EST 1999

>> ah, that song never bothered me.  I marginally prefer it to most of
>> the others of that vein, including "Marshall Plan", "Shooting Star",
>> etc.

>"Shooting Shark" is a beautifully written song, great lyrics, GREAT
>guitar work, for a Cult band BÖC has one of the greatest pop artists I
>have ever heard in one Buck Dharma. I think you could easily compare
>"Shooting Shark" to songs like "I Love the Night", "Deadline",the entire
>Flat Out Album, and most definitely "Harvest Moon" from HF, and a few
>more that escape my mind right now :-).

I don't mind Shooting Shark at all.  But I was talking about songs of
the "kid discovers guitar, becomes hero and (maybe) dies" variety, and
referring to Bad Company's "Shooting Star", not BOC's "Shooting Shark".

"To dwell within Samsara, however, is to
 be subject to the works of those mighty
 among dreamers."

 - Mahasamatman, in Zelazny's "Lord of Light"

Andrew Apold