TRAIN KEPT A' ROLLIN

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Fri Mar 19 23:26:05 EST 1999

In a message dated 3/19/99 11:16:52 PM, paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU writes:

<<I did not receive your "gift" :-) to BOC-L, because I've programmed my
mail server software to reject any incoming mail over ~1MB in size.
However, I think it's a trifle disingenuous to say you "warned
everyone loudly" not to view it.  Such vague "warnings" actually seem
to be veiled incitements to view in my experience (at least from
Usenet)---a sort of subliminal "go on, I dare you..."

I'm just speaking for myself, but personally, I'd prefer an AVI
description of a hypothetical "dubious" file to be more along the
lines of "closeup of sharp spike being driven slowly into man's eye
before being crushed by a falling grand piano," than "YOU HAVE BEEN
WARNED."  I think the former lets me know better whether I want to
view the unknown attachment than the latter. :-)

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Paul.

i sowwy.