TRAIN KEPT A' ROLLIN

Stephen Swann swann at PLUTONIA.COM
Sat Mar 20 00:45:52 EST 1999

Patrick Cordiner writes:

> From: Paul Mather
> > Date: Saturday, March 20, 1999 2:14 PM
> > PS: I still have no clue as to what your AVI file was about. :-)
>
> Just be glad you didn't receive it.
>
> -Patrick

Just to sate everyone's curiosity, and to save you the trouble of
downloading 9MB in order to see what all the fuss is about:

The clip is apparently "live" film footage of a child accidentally
wandering in front of a speeding train, and being hurled (very
violently) offscreen.  What gives the image a certain compelling power
is the bizarreness of seeing such an accident through a film shown
40(?) years later.  You want to shout at the kid to stop, but it's
clearly a little late for that...

Steve
swann at plutonia.com