OFF: 10 Most hated

Andrew Apold mordru at FLITE.NET
Sat Mar 20 01:28:40 EST 1999

At 09:54 PM 3/19/99 -0700, you wrote:
>> I don't mind Shooting Shark at all.  But I was talking about songs of
>> the "kid discovers guitar, becomes hero and (maybe) dies" variety, and
>> referring to Bad Company's "Shooting Star", not BOC's "Shooting Shark".
>>
>> Andrew Apold
>
>Then there's the "kid discovers guitar in cave, kept from becoming hero by
>the Priests" on 2112, but this would only reheat the now fairly cooled-off
>anti-Rush discussions.....

Of course eventually these will lead to the DA classic song model
of "Boy meets girl, Boy kisses girl beneath moon, which suddenly explodes
for no adequately explained reason" (paraphrasing, don't recall exact
text)....

"To dwell within Samsara, however, is to
 be subject to the works of those mighty
 among dreamers."

 - Mahasamatman, in Zelazny's "Lord of Light"

Andrew Apold