OFF: More Tea Party ravings from Chuck

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Sat Mar 20 03:35:28 EST 1999

In a message dated 99-03-19 16:36:11 EST, abrevard at SHL.COM writes:

<< I've heard some of their work, a little from each album and liked it quite
 bit.  Strong similarities to Queensryche (vocally with the songs I've
 heard).  Not a bad group.

---AHHH!! Please, anyone who was getting interested in Tea Party--ignore this
last comment!! :) Sorry, Adrian. But if you want to start comparing TP's sound
to other groups (which is totally justified, as they where 'em on their
sleeve), you must start w/Led Zeppelin, and J. Morrison in regards to vocals.
    They're like a '90s Zeppelin--but even more powerul; incredibly adept
acoustic guitar, brilliant and at times quite complex and multi-layered song-
writing, beautifully fluid musicianship from all members, better-than-decent
lyrics. Plenty of the Arabian flavor and acoustic guitar/sitar flair, and the
occasional exotic instrument. Sure, Jeff Martin (vox/guit/composer) could be a
bit pretentious at times, but one forgets this as one becomes enthralled with
the music. And the most delicious production that a group like this has ever
had. Oh, I'm losing my mind! Someone please ask me to make them a tape! And I
_swear_, I do not know these guys! They're a power-trio from Canada (oops) and
I live in SoCal.
However, it's not blanga and the group has no sense of humour at all, only
romantcism, so if you're not the type that can get into that whole trip, never
mind.

Chuck