OFF: [Fwd: Music of the Millennium]

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Sat Mar 20 06:02:18 EST 1999

> Though now that I've got my brain cranked up and running (damn thing
> starts harder every year), I do believe I saw a *video* of the Tea
> Party years and years ago, that somebody recorded for me off MuchMusic
> (Canada's MTV).  As I recall, the video was pretty cool, with lots of
> really lavish, Byzantine imagery.  I remember thinking that I needed
> to find out more about those guys, but of course, that was the last I
> ever heard of them...

        I got their first album _Splendor Solis_ used, and it
was great.  If the idea of the Doors colliding with Zeppelin
doesn't appeal, it probably won't either, though :)

        Apparently, they're very big Down Under (Sonique?) and
an Kiwi/Ozzie-type down the hall (he grew up in both places, so
I"m not really sure!) lent me the next two albums because he's
a big fan.  Second album _Edges of Twilight_ or somesuch, is
also most rockin', and the 3rd _would_ be but is spoiled by
the dumb production.  Apparently they've a new album coming
out soon which they hope will combine the best aspects of
the previous albums--so it should be good.

Cheers,
Carl