OFF: 10 Most hated/grohl/nirvana

andrew andrew at DELUMINATE.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Sat Mar 20 08:14:04 EST 1999

>dave grohl was a songwriting drummer/musician...
>i'm not saying, remotely, that he should be credited w/cobain's songs or
>anything absurd...but just having that "internal song sense" he provided
>MAXIMUM COMPLEMENT for cobain....do you see what i'm saying? he made those

Althouh i've always argued that without Walkingseeds' completely blistering
'Skullfuck' lp there would be not have been Nirvana as we came to know them
(for good or ill) regardless of grohl/cobain/whoever.

As for cobain's death, well, if he topped himself - not quite the most
radical gesture of the situationalists, too damn private - so i can't help
but feel a bit sad for the guy; to say that he was rich and so should have
valued his life is, imo, putting a little too much faith in the value of
money and luxury.

However, that's *if* he killed himself. Personally i gp with the "Courtney
pulled the trigger" line of (un)thought. Why? Well because its more fun and
would explain why Hole went from being 'not bad' to pure shite.

ah well, i'm 2p worse off now

andrew

"Noise is for heroes
Leave the music for zeroes"