OFF: 10 Most hated

Stephen Swann swann at PLUTONIA.COM
Sat Mar 20 11:06:54 EST 1999

Carl E. Anderson writes:

>         In future, I'll stick to slagging off The Offspring
> for being miserable gits ;)  And one of their overplayed
> hits comes damn close to ripping off a Nirvana riff anyway :)

Carl, you just live to get a rise out of me, don't you?  ;-)

The Offsrping had 2 really good pop/punk albums (and an EP that I've
never heard) before this current monstrosity.  I guess they finally
got serious backing from their record company, just in time to inflict
crap like "Get a Job" and "She's Got Issues" on us 200 times a day,
when they *could* have backed great songs like "Leave it Behind" or
"Amazed" from _Ixnay on the Hombre_.  All hail the record industry.
Sigh...

Steve
swann at plutonia.com