BOC/OFF: I remember in the good ole days (was repercussions)

andrew andrew at DELUMINATE.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Sat Mar 20 13:30:32 EST 1999

>mark a big change of style.  Though, definitely, the band
>pre-Lemmy is slower and looser and more stretched out.  Well,
>just compare the original "MotU" or "Shouldn't Do That" to the
>"Lemmified" versions: same basic thing, but faster and louder.

Yes, definitely; 'my hawkwind' so to speak is the Space Ritual crew and a
lot of this is down to what Lemmy brought to the band. The embryonic form
was there but it was Lemmy that solidified the existing elements. Although
having said that, somewhat oddly the apotheosis of that era came in the 80s
especially on the stonehenge verion of Watching The Grass Grow. Although,
thinking about it, maybe not that strange: Lemmy seems to find his mettle
the most on tracks that Nik had a hand in (excepting Time We Left). Now, if
Lemmy had been at the Stonehenge gig, *that* would have been, well i can't
think how it might have turned out, but i'd loved to have heard it.

andrew

They wear a bucket on their heads,
They wear a bucket on their heads,
Wake up! Wake up!