ADMIN/OFF: What's happened?

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Sat Mar 20 14:41:42 EST 1999

Hi Folks....

Uhhhh, one weird question.

Back in the pre-listserv days, I used to receive messages from boc-l in my
in-box under the true senders name (or sometimes full e-mail address).  When
we moved over to listserv, suddenly everything was listed under
'BOC/Hawkwind Discussion Group' (or something similar), although as my
Eudora downloaded the messages, I could see the names of you all flashing
before me as the true senders.  Now, since the 'Train kept a rollin'
bombshell, now I'm getting everything listed by name again.  Although, for a
day or two, I got a mix of 'BOC/Hawkwind' and individuals' names.  But
today, everything is by name.  Is that something with my
system/configuration only, or is that happening to everyone?

I don't really care too much one way or the other, and I was just kinda
wondering why.  But one thing I really didn't like about the generic
'BOC/Hawkwind' titles is that sometimes I would be looking for a particular
person's posting to respond to, and if it was a high-volume thread, I'd have
to search around for quite awhile.

But then it was also nice to have the boc-l indicator there to distinguish
these from the other mailing lists I'm on.

My favourite way is for the true sender to be given, but then also a little
'tag' in front of the subject name.  That's the way isi (the krautrock list)
is done; i.e., there's a little [isi] tag put before the subject.

So if we're going to have the names given again now, could we have a little
[boc-l] subject tag put on all of our postings?

Just wondering here in my ignorance....

Keith H. (FAA)