ADMIN/OFF: What's happened?

andrew andrew at DELUMINATE.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Sat Mar 20 15:05:22 EST 1999

>Back in the pre-listserv days, I used to receive messages from boc-l in my
>in-box under the true senders name (or sometimes full e-mail address).  When
>we moved over to listserv, suddenly everything was listed under
>'BOC/Hawkwind Discussion Group' (or something similar), although as my
>Eudora downloaded the messages, I could see the names of you all flashing
>before me as the true senders.  Now, since the 'Train kept a rollin'
>bombshell, now I'm getting everything listed by name again.  Although, for a
>day or two, I got a mix of 'BOC/Hawkwind' and individuals' names.  But
>today, everything is by name.  Is that something with my
>system/configuration only, or is that happening to everyone?

That is a bit weird; unless you changed something there shouldn't be any
sudden, random changes to your settings (after all Eudora isn't a microsoft
product :). Unfortunately the most recent message since my last hard-drive
space purge is Larry's orig. train post and everything is by the senders
names, but as far as i can remember this has always been the case for me. I
think you may have a different version of Eudora of me but you should still
have the facility to make filters and mailboxes which would enable you to
have eudora send relevant messages to relevant mailboxes: ie, boc-l
messages to whatever you called the boc-l mailbox.
        To do this create a new mailbox from the mailbox menu item and create one
for whichever lists you want to and then from tools menu item choose
filters and set that up (its pretty intuitive) and that should 'sort it all
out' (ho ho ho)

andrew

Gabba Gabba Hey!
Gabba Gabba Hey!