ADMIN/OFF: What's happened?

Goran Janicijevic simplius at SOFTHOME.NET
Sat Mar 20 16:17:14 EST 1999

Keith Henderson wrote:

>But then it was also nice to have the boc-l indicator there to distinguish
>these from the other mailing lists I'm on.

Well, my crystal ball says you use ancient Eudora 1.4.4. Does it have
auto-filtering/filing feature in a special folder dedicated to a
particular group, if some header field is recognized during receiving
mail? That would solve a whole lotta problems you have.

If not, find new Eudora. I think even the newest Eudora Light has
filtering (but I'm not sure in this).

I don't know what Windoze you run, but if you have 95/98, even
MickeySoft Internet Mail & News, or Outlook Distress have filtering.

>So if we're going to have the names given again now, could we have a little
>[boc-l] subject tag put on all of our postings?

Well, it certainly has. There are two important header fields,
'From:', and 'ReplyTo:'. Every decent contemporary mail program, shows
the 'From' field in the message list, and replies to the 'ReplyTo'
field.
--
Goran