ADMIN/OFF: What's happened?

J Strobridge eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Sat Mar 20 18:33:10 EST 1999

DASLUD at AOL.COM writes:

> someone here has said they get two copies of everything i send..this cant be
> utterly true, or else everyone would have sent my computer destruct-viruses
> for sending TWO of you-know-what....
>
> but do people here sometimes get simultaneous duplicates from me? if this is
> so i believe it involves my choices of  "reply"  and 'reply all". in the case
> of "reply all" you are apparently receiving one to YOUR address and another
> via BOC-L.

This is true - when you reply to any of my messages it goes to BOC-L
but I also get a personal copy (I know this because my BOC-L mail is
directed into a different folder to my personal stuff)

> i will remember to hit "reply" only, and see if the duplications cease.

this should definitely solve it.

cheers
jill

<about to go OFF MAIL for a week so I won't get any replies at all!>

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk