BOTF

J Strobridge eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Sat Mar 20 18:54:25 EST 1999

Patrick Cordiner writes:

> ----------
> > From: Kevin Sommers
> > Date: Saturday, March 20, 1999 12:46 PM
> >
> > Of course the best "legal" way is to buy "The Business Trip."
> >

> Yeah, I've got the Business Trip, but I was more interested in hearing
> stuff like `Tibet is not China' etc. in concert and have seen a couple of

Actually I'm rather of the opinion that all the ambient tracks on It
Is the Biz of the Future to be Dangerous are much better on the CD
than they are live.    This is rare for me since I usually prefer live
versions of Hawkwind's studio albums but in this instance I'd say that
only Space is Their Palestine has transferred successfully to a live
format.    Also, I suspect that if Hawkwind did play Tibet Is Not China
as a live track it would simply be the recorded version on a background
tape (or however such things are generated on stage these days - my
total technological ignorance surfaces here and thrashes around a bit)
rather than the band actually performing it.   So I think even an audio
tape wouldn't give you much that was new.

jill

obholiday> gone
J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk