Call to close the open season on Larry/DASLUD

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Sat Mar 20 20:55:47 EST 1999

thank you, essentially, thank you very much.

y'know, one of the women i supervise at my job came in five hours late today,
unable to work, distraught, a little drunk...the night before she'd been
awakened at midnight by a pounding on her door by one of her daughters w/ the
news that her eldest daughter, pregnant w/her 2nd child at 17, was in the
hospital w/a fractured skull and various other injuries done unto her by the
father of the child she carries...she got to the hospital in boston and stayed
with her through the night.   several of the young ladies' uncles were at that
moment combing sections of boston in the hopes of wrecking if not killing
their niece's assailant.

i drove the woman home--she obviously was in no shape to work--and assured her
she wouldnt be fired for not coming in today.

so i come home and look at the screen and i get called a "prat" by some
english twit
(mustnt hurt that much--dont recall ever hearing it) for reasons which are
ultimately, honest to god, less than trivial, and i think of how bad i've felt
about this the past few days>>>

 and i oughta be ashamed compared to what my subordinate is going through over
her daughter>>>

 and i wanna kick the english twit's ass and say "spare me your f***ing
computer geekness! why am i agonizing over type onscreen from strangers who DO
NOT GIVE A FLYING F**K ABOUT ME!!
THIS IS THE WORLD I LIVE IN!!!"

but to the extent i would like to attempt to participate amongst you i will
reduce the harshness. be sure to let me know if and when you feel i have
failed to do this.

lb